At their core, dental implants are a specific type of medical appliance that is surgically implanted into a patient’s jaw. This can not only help improve the visual appearance of a person’s smile, but it can also help improve their ability to chew. They’re often used for both at the same time.
When it comes to implant dentures Eau Claire, you have a number of options to choose from depending on your needs. One popular solution takes the form of All-on-4 implants.
- All-on-4 Dental Implants Eau Claire solutions involve a patient receiving a complete set of artificial teeth.
- The benefit is that they don’t have to go through the process of getting individual teeth replaced one-at-a-time.
- The entire procedure is done with just four implants – hence the name.
If you’re the type of person who is self-conscious about your appearance or is experiencing other difficulties with your mouth, rest easy knowing that you are not alone. According to one recent study:
- More than 156 million people in the United States are missing at least one tooth.
- Between 2015 and 2016, dental implants in the US grew by 5.7%.
- To put that into perspective, between 1999 and 2000 they had only grown by 0.7%.
- Just over 92% of all dental implants are made using high quality titanium.
- As of 2019, the total value of the dental implant market in the United States was a massive $1.1 billion – pointing to a trend that shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Indeed, implant dentistry Eau Claire is popular for a wide range of different reasons, with safety being chief among them. Believe it or not, they actually have a 98% success rate according to most estimates – the highest rate out of any type of similar process that would need to be done to correct an issue a patient is experiencing.
According to another study conducted by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the situation further breaks down like this:
- More than 35 million people in the country are missing ALL the teeth on either one or both of their jaws.
- Roughly 15 million people have had either a crown or a bridge to act as a replacement for those missing teeth.
- About 3 million people are estimated to have embrace implants.
- That number is growing at a rate of about 500,000 per year consistently.
- Individuals between the ages of 65 and 74-years-old saw an increase in the use of implants of 12.9% between 2015 and 2016.
- People who fell into the age range of 55 to 64-years-old saw a relative increase of about 1,000%!
But again, implant teeth Eau Claire are a viable solution to these types of oral issues regardless of which age bracket you fall into.